COVID-19 VACCINE UPDATES
Important News: Masks Are Still Required
In accordance with CDC and Cal-OSHA current guidelines, as a healthcare setting, masks and social distancing are still required inside all Graybill facilities. We thank you for your cooperation.
For more on the current CDC guidelines, see https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx
Federal Retail Pharmacy Program for COVID-19 Vaccination
Pharmacists are highly trusted and trained healthcare providers who have direct access to and knowledge of their patient populations. Pharmacists are trained to counsel patients, administer vaccine, and provide vaccine education, and pharmacies are readily accessible in communities – with most Americans living within five miles of a pharmacy. Recognizing this, the federal government has made pharmacies a key part of its COVID-19 vaccination strategy. While the program will ultimately expand to include more than 40,000 pharmacies, it is important to know that early on, when vaccine supply is still limited, many pharmacies may not have vaccine or may have very limited supply.
Here is a link for Retail Pharmacies that are receiving federal allocations of the Moderna, Pfizer and Janssen COVID Vaccines. The link also includes pharmacy scheduling links.
Graybill COVID-19 Vaccine Program Discontinued
Due to changes in the State of California COVID-19 vaccine distribution program, Graybill Medical Group’s COVID-19 vaccine program has been discontinued. For information on how and where to get vaccinated, go to:
- Myturn.ca.gov – Register here to receive updates about new appointments and locations. Note: My Turn is available in eight languages, and for those without internet access, appointments can be made by calling (833) 422-4255. The hotline is available in English and Spanish, with third party translators available in more than 250 additional languages.
- Vaccinefinder.org – Find a nearby location where you can receive the COVID-19 vaccine
PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCY UPDATES
- List of San Diego County Vaccine Sites and Appointment Information
- COVID-19 testing in San Diego County
- List of Riverside County Vaccine Sites and Registration Information
- COVID-19 testing in Riverside County
GRAYBILL COVID-19 UPDATES
Screening Mammography Guidance for COVID-19 Vaccine Related Adenopathies The Graybill Radiology Department would like to share the following regarding screening mammography and recently published recommendations for best management during the pandemic.
In response to evidence published last week in Clinical Imaging that the two approved COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer & Moderna) can potentially lead to axillary adenopathies that can mimic breast malignancies. Moving forward our Radiology Department will advise all patients scheduling screening mammograms of the following recommendation by the Society of Breast Imaging.
“When possible – being sure not to unduly delay care – schedule screening exams before the first vaccine dose or four-to-six weeks after the second dose.” – SBI 1/26/21