COVID-19 VACCINE UPDATES
**Effective 01/18/21, healthcare workers, others in Phase 1A (all Tiers), and those aged 75 and older may visit County vaccination sites, including the Petco Park Super Station. For those 65 and older, the County intends to begin vaccinations for this population before the end of the month, pending vaccine supply. Doctors, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers may administer vaccinations to those 65 and older, if they have doses available.** Source: www.vaccinationsuperstationsd.com
PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCY UPDATES
- CDC: Things to Know About the COVID Pandemic
- CDC: Similarities and Differences between Flu and COVID-19
- California expands eligibility for coronavirus vaccine
- Questions and Answers About Flu During COVID-19 Pandemic
- San Diego County: Vaccines are being administered at sites throughout San Diego County, including a drive-thru “Vaccination Super Station” at Petco Park. For a list of locations and appointment availability, please refer to the County web page, COVID-19 Vax Events.
- Riverside County:COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics are located throughout the county. For a location and registration information, please visit https://www.ruhealth.org/covid-19-vaccine.
- Well-child visits and vaccinations. To schedule an appointment please call our Pediatrics department at (760) 291-6790
- Adult clinical preventive services. To schedule an appointment for any of the following services, call (760) 291-6700.
- Annual preventive services may now be scheduled for all age groups.
- If you are enrolled in Original (Fee-for-Service) Medicare, you can now schedule your free Annual Wellness Visit (AWV). The AWV can be conducted via telehealth, or your are welcome to make an appointment
- Management of chronic conditions. If you have a chronic health condition, such as diabetes, heart disease or high blood pressure, it’s important that you see your Primary Care Provider on an ongoing basis in order to maintain good health. Call (760) 291-6700 to schedule an appointment.
- General check-ups. If you are typically seen three or more times a year, we encourage you to make an appointment with your doctor to maintain their health status. Call (760) 291-6700 to schedule an appointment.
- Outpatient services related to elective and non-urgent surgeries. If you need to schedule an appointment with a Graybill Specialist concerning services related to an elective or non-urgent procedure, please call the Specialist’s office directly.
Enhanced safety precautions
- Spacing chairs and limiting the number of people in waiting areas
- Adding signage regarding social distancing
What to do if you are sick
If you suspect that you have been infected with the coronavirus or have COVID-19, PLEASE CALL AHEAD. DO NOT come directly to a Graybill Office. Instead, call our Patient Customer Service Center at (760) 291-6700 and tell them your symptoms. Our Representative will connect you to an Advanced Practitioner (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) who can evaluate your situation and advise you on the most appropriate arrangements for your care and on how to keep others safe as well.
Genetic, Antibody Testing
At this time, Graybill is not conducting either diagnostic (genetic) or antibody (serological) COVID-19 testing. Many commercial labs are advertising their ability to do antibody (also called serology) testing. Currently, the Food and Drug Administration states that it is not aware of an antibody test that has been validated for diagnosis of COVID-19 infection. The FDA states that, “while FDA remains open to submissions of these tests for such use, based on the underlying scientific principles of antibody tests, we do not expect that an antibody test can be shown to definitively diagnose or exclude COVID-19 infection.”
Due to this Graybill is not promoting any antibody testing for our patients at a commercial lab. In the future, this may potentially be used to help determine, together with other clinical data, whether these individuals may be less susceptible to infection.