Palomar Health Medical Group – Graybill’s Hospitalist Program assures higher quality outcomes with fewer complications for our patients who are admitted to Palomar Medical Center (PMC) in Escondido.
What is a Hospitalist?
By definition, a Hospitalist is a physician who specializes in the care of patients who are admitted to the hospital. Our Hospitalist Team includes board certified Internal Medicine physicians who have undergone special training and are experienced in the complexities of in-patient care.
Throughout your hospital stay, a member of our Hospitalist Team will:
- Serve as the “point person” between various providers involved in your in-patient care, such as surgeons, specialists, nurses, technicians, dieticians, and case managers and others.
- Communicate, coordinate and consult with your Primary- and Specialist-care Physicians and others involved in your outpatient care.
- Inform your family members of your progress and answer any questions they may have.
- Develop a plan to ensure a smooth transition back to Primary Care when you are discharged.
Advantages of Palomar Health Medical Group – Graybill’s Hospitalist Program
Hospitalist care is a relatively new concept. Formerly, hospitalized patients might see their regular doctor once a day during routine rounds. Through our Hospitalist Program, a member of our Hospitalist Teamis onsite at Palomar Medical Center – Escondido 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This enhanced availability means:
- Your care will be overseen by a doctor who—as part of Palomar Health Medical Group – Graybill—is familiar with your detailed medical history.
- The Hospitalist can better coordinate your care and use hospital resources more efficiently due to in-depth knowledge of the hospital’s procedures and schedules.
- Those who have a stake in your recovery—your Primary Care Physician, Specialty Physicians, Family Members, and others, will be “on the same page” and be better able to work together in concert toward your recovery.