Please be advised that Graybill Medical group follows all Federal and State guidelines in regards to the retention and destruction of medical records.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a Federal law governing the use and release of a patient’s personal health information (also called Protected Health Information, or PHI). Under HIPAA, a healthcare provider must:
- Inform you of how your PHI will be used
- Provide the opportunity for you to inspect, amend or restrict the use of your PHI.
- Accommodate reasonable requests for confidential communication.
- Provide you with a paper copy of your PHI
- Provide you with a paper copy of our Notice of Privacy Practices