The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a Federal law governing the use and release of a patient’s personal health information (also called Protected Health Information, or PHI). Under HIPAA, a healthcare provider must:
- Inform you of how your PHI will be used
- Provide the opportunity for you to inspect, amend or restrict the use of your PHI.
- Accommodate reasonable requests for confidential communication.
- Provide you with a paper copy of your PHI
- Provide you with a paper copy of our Notice of Privacy Practices